1. You may prepare for this exam by practicing these exercises as many times as you wish.
2. The possible exercises are posted on this website in the Sightreading section .
3. On the day of the exam, you will sing in alphabetical order during your class period.
4. Failure to attempt the exercise will result in a grade of zero. All properly completed performances will receive at least partial credit. Completing the exercise with the correct syllables and rhythms will insure a passing grade. High grades will be given to students who complete the exercise with correct syllables, correct rhythms, correct hand signs and correct pitches.
5. On the day of the exam, you will go individually to a performance room where you will sing your exam. A monitor will help keep you in order and insure that the rules are followed.
6. Each student will be given one opportunity to sing the exercise.
7. When you enter the room, you will draw a number to indicate which exercise you will sing. You will also need to confirm your name and class period at this time.
8. You will be given a card containing the exam exercise. Do not write on this card.
9. You will hear a recording that contains DMSMDSD in the proper key. You will also hear the first pitch.
10. You may not practice in the audition room.
11. You will hear instructions that you may begin.
12. You will have 30 seconds to complete your singing.
13. Turn In the exercise card to the monitor and return quickly to class.
14. When all auditions are complete and graded, we will post grades in Parent Portal.